The greatest Muslim generation was that of the Noble Companions of the Prophet. The secret to their greatness? In their daily lives, they heard two things: the words of Allah and the words of the Messenger of Allah. In our communites and masajid today, we hear the words of Allah in the daily prayers but seldom here the Prophetic traditions. With Allah’s grace, we are embarking on a grand project of weekly readings from the Prophetic Sunnah, utilizing the text Riyadh al-Saliheen of Imam Yahya bin Sharaf al-Nawawi, here at MCMC NJ.
There are 1896 hadith in the text, and if we read 3 per week it would takes us 12 years, at 5 per week 7 years, and at 10 per week about 3 1/2 years. We seek Allah’s assistance in making this a reality. I will be uploading the weekly audio.
- Chapter 1- Sincerity (Ikhlas): Introduction and Hadith 1, Hadith 2-4, Day 3: Hadith 5-7, Day 4: Hadith 8-9,Hadith 10-12,
- Chapter 2- Repentance (Tawbah): Hadith 13-15, Hadith 16-19, Hadith 20- The Serial Killer, Hadith 21: The Emotional Story of Kab bin Malik, Hadith 22-24: The Insatiable Greed of Man and Today’s Economic Crisis, Hudood
- Chapter 3- Sabr: Hadith 25, Hadith 26-28, The Death of Ones Children: Hadith 29, 31-32, The Boy and the King: Hadith 30, The Plague, Blindness and Epilepsy: Hadith 33-35, Hadith 36-37: The World is Daar al-Dawah, Hadith 37-40: The Wisdom of Suffering;Hadith 41-43: Sabr during Persecution, the Sabr of the Prophet; Hadith 44: The Family of Umm Sulaym; Hadith 45-48: Anger Management, Conclusion: H49-53 [click here for Summary Handout on Sabr]
- Chapter 4- Truthfulness (al-Sidq): Intro and Hadith 54, Hadith 55: Advanced Training of al-Wara, Hadith 56: Heraclius and Abu Sufyan, Hadith 57-59: Martyrdom, Business Ethics
- Chapter 5- Wathfulness (Muraqabah): Intro- the Reality of Muraqabah, H60 (The Stages of the Journey), H61 (Summary of Islam),H62 (Golden Advice), H63-64 (Belitlling Sins, Allah gets offended), H65 (Case Study in Gratitude- The Leper, Bald and Blind One),H66-68 (Real Intelligence, A Look at Weak Hadith)
- Chapter 6- Taqwa: Taqwa Intro, H71 [Comprehensive Duah on Taqwa 2-23-10], H72-73 [Oaths, Conclusion on Taqwa 3-2-10],Summary Points on Taqwa
- Chapter 7- Yaqeen and Tawkkul: Introduction 3-9-10, H74 [The 70,000 Who Have Perfected Tawheed 3-16-10], H75-76 [Supplication, the Perfect Expression of Tawakkul 3-23-10]
- Chapter 11 [Struggling for God]: H 100 audio [The Strong Believer], H101/105 audio/video [Paradise/Hell What Surrounds Them 4/26/11]
- Chapter 226- Fasting the Ten of Zul-Hijjah: H1249 (The Best Days of the Year)
This is awesome; audio of Explanation on the treasure of Hadith from Riyadh As Saliheen